09 10

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Operation Gratitude

As I mentioned in my post before,  Meg and I have been working on Op. Gratitude projects. We decided just to do scarfs and Christmas cards this year. The picture  below is the knitted scarf that I'm working on right now. I'm at the half way point and I have around three days to finish it (Yikes!!).
I started it a few months ago and all was going smoothly, until I measured it. Op. Grat. had a specified width and length. 5-7" wide and 45" long. I was pretty close to being done, when I measured the width. It wasn't even 3 1/2 inches wide!! :(   

So, I started it all over. 

We where thinking that we would get three scarfs sent off, because we only had yarn for three, then, we had the great idea of doing fleece scarfs (light bulb!). So, off to Jo-Ann's we went. Meg and I each bought one yard of fleece, and we got  eight scarfs out of that. Then Mom gave us a knitted scarf she had been working on, so, if Meg and I get our knitted ones finished, we'll have a total of  twelve scarfs! Yay! 


                      
  We are doing one card and a tag that has the fiber content per scarf.


              
                                                         (Please excuse the bad picture)
                              
                                             There's Meg working very industrially at making tags.


No comments:

Post a Comment