09 10

Monday, November 11, 2013

Thankful

Today, we remember those who serve and have served our great country.
It seems many take them for granted, these brave men and women who defend our country, and think, "It's just another job."
but these people have given so much for our country and our future generations. 



They had to train hard to do their job and do it well. It takes a lot of commitment and determination just to finish Basic Training. These men and women did not quit when the going got tough.

They have had to be, and are , separated from loved ones


They have kept our flag flying.

I wish I could personally thank Every.Single.One of them, and let them know that they are my heroes.
So, if you are reading this, and have been, or still are, in the military, Thank you. You have my deepest gratitude, and YOU make me proud to be an American.

I would especially like to thank my Dad, and Auntie M. who both served in the Navy, both my Grandpas, (National Guard and Marines), and my big brother. who is currently in the Air Force.
I love you guys, and am so proud of you!

I thank my lucky stars,
to be living here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can't take that away.

And I'm proud to be an American,

where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,

next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,

to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say....

That I'm proud to be an American,

where at least I know I'm free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emily:) May God richly bless your year with an abundance of His goodness this year that ye may be able to comprehend with all saints and to know the Love of Christ which passeth all knowledge.
    You're a special friend, and I've really appreciated your example of service to the body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete